For many of Pels Rijcken’s attorneys and notaries, administrative law is at the very heart of their practice. An important aspect for this practice is that the central government wears many hats: having a regulatory, administrative and executive role.
The public administration operates in order to safeguard the public interest where political issues are often involved. Due to their expertise, Pels Rijcken's attorneys are fully aware of the client's needs and the government interests that are at stake.
Because of their decades of experience with administrative law, the specialists at Pels Rijcken can apply their combined knowledge of politics, public administration and law when advising. The backbone of Administrative Law is the General Administrative Law Act, which on the one hand regulates government intervention and on the other provides the central government with many opportunities. Pels Rijcken's knowledge of this Act is second to none. All new developments are closely followed and a website - accessible to everyone - is maintained with up-to-date information on the parliamentary history of the Act, complete with explanations.
Because of the firm's extensive experience with providing advice and with litigation, Pels Rijcken has an advantage over other law firms. In court, our attorneys can argue the government's position unlike anyone else. Pels Rijcken acquires much of its information first-hand, and consequentlyhas ample unique and up-to-date expertise. Through acting for many different administrative clients, Pels Rijcken furthermore has a comprehensive overview of all prevailing national administrative issues, and of all cases submitted to administrative courts.
- One client extols the team as "the best in the fieldon account of the lawyers' legal knowledge and advocacy skills," and adds: "They have a good feel for the political process and the social context.", Chambers Europe 2019
- Another source adds: "Their commitment is very strong, they keep on going until every detail is settled."The source adds: "They are creative and always find a way out of a difficult situation.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "They communicate in a very effective way and are fast, accurate, concise, accessible and easy to get along with. They can provide a high-end legal solution on complex issues at very short notice.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "They have the ability to see things from the perspective of the client, in order to provide realistic and practical advice.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "The team has impressed me many times. It is a close-knit team which is fast, accurate, concise, always accessible and easy to get along with. They are also able to provide high-end legal solutions on complex issues at very short notice." Chambers Europe 2017
- "New developments are always on top of their mind and they develop pragmatic legal products which are very useful." Chambers Europe 2017
- "They have an excellent eye for the possible juridical risks and bring that to our attention. They will also contribute to creative solutions in order to solve complex policy issues. The team has built up considerable experience in these matters." Chambers Europe 2017
- "It is very customer-focused and has proved to us that it has extensive knowledge. A lot of attention is paid to fostering a good working relationship with the client." Chambers Europe 2016
- "It is accessible, it has deep knowledge of public law and it practises law in a way that adds significant value to the client's business." Chambers Europe 2016