Pels Rijcken has one of the largest teams of employment lawyers in the Netherlands. They assist private and public employers, such as (listed) companies, NGOs, ministries, large municipalities, independent administrative bodies and regulatory authorities. The employment lawyers have extensive knowledge of and experience in fields including: dismissals, discrimination, integrity, fraud, co-determination, whistle-blowers, social security, employer liability, strikes, reorganisations, acquisitions, the legal status of the director under the articles of association and flexible employment relationships.
Employment law attorneys team
The team is regularly called in by directors and legal and HR professionals to prevent or solve problems in the field of employment law. Pels Rijcken's employment law team combines excellent knowledge in the field of employment law with a keen awareness of political and administrative law issues. Our attorneys look beyond the law, discuss options with clients, and come up with a solution.
Employment Law Blog
Pels Rijcken's employment law attorneys share their employment law expertise on the Employment Law Blog (in Dutch). On this site, they identify and comment on changes in employment laws and regulations as well as court decisions.
- "The lawyers have a hands-on and 'getting the job done' mentality, one client reports, also adding that the team puts our interests first. Other clients praise the commercial approach of the department: The firm is very knowledgeable and proactive and the lawyers work in a business-wise manner.", Chambers Europe 2020
- "What sets Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn NV apart from the pack is its ability to think outside the box and adjust the strategy accordingly.", Legal 500 2019
- "One client praises the lawyers for their high-quality and high-speed advice, while another reports that the firm provides excellent value for money.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "Clients also highlight the team's litigation strategy and say that they are open in saying if we are not going to win.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "A highly professional and respected labour team who achieve good results while maintaining a pleasant relationship.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "Knowledgeable, emphatic and flexible.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "Clients commend the team for its excellent client service, saying: They provide a high standard of professional legal advice and support which meets our own high professional standards.", Chambers Europe, 2017
- "They take excellent care of the personal relationship with us.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "Pels Rijcken is excellent, particularly in terms of response times, appropriateness of advice and personal contact. Its overall level of service is outstanding.", Chambers Europe 2016
- "The team is accurate, working without delay and within short time limits. It shows in-depth knowledge in the field of its expertise and it is very flexible and quick.", Chambers Europe 2016
- "Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn NV's truly excellent department is led by Sandra van Heukelom-Verhage.", Legal 500 2016