Pels Rijcken has one of the largest teams of employment lawyers in the Netherlands. They assist private and public employers, such as (listed) companies, NGOs, ministries, large municipalities, independent administrative bodies and regulatory authorities. The employment lawyers have extensive knowledge of and experience in fields including: dismissals, discrimination, integrity, fraud, co-determination, whistle-blowers, social security, employer liability, strikes, reorganisations, acquisitions, the legal status of the director under the articles of association and flexible employment relationships.
Employment law attorneys team
The team is regularly called in by directors and legal and HR professionals to prevent or solve problems in the field of employment law. Pels Rijcken's employment law team combines excellent knowledge in the field of employment law with a keen awareness of political and administrative law issues. Our attorneys look beyond the law, discuss options with clients, and come up with a solution.
Employment Law Blog
Pels Rijcken's employment law attorneys share their employment law expertise on the Employment Law Blog (in Dutch). On this site, they identify and comment on changes in employment laws and regulations as well as court decisions.
- "Pels Rijcken knows its customers and clients very well. They know what to ask and what to deliver." - Chambers Europe 2023
- "They're skilled professionals who know when to listen and when to intervene." - Chambers Europe 2023
- "The firm's advice is always really helpful. The lawyers are really good at putting together strategies." - Chambers Europe 2022
- "Pels Rijcken has ‘a unique understanding of labour law within the public sector’ and is recommended for both contentious and non-contentious matters. Its broad practice offers expertise in pensions, reorganisations, disputes with works councils, fraud and whistleblower cases." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "The Pels Rijcken team has shown that they can deploy employees flexibly and that they can respond to the needs of the client, without compromising the quality of their service." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "The lawyers act with integrity in their communication." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Excellent legal skills, speedy response, always accessible, and a great sense of the context in which they give legal advice." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "They have always delivered excellent legal advice and stand out performances in court." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "They are highly recommended whether legal advice is needed or litigation has to take place." - The Legal 500, 2022
- “Highly informed and capable team.”, “The lawyers offer very good support to employers dealing with personnel issues.”, “Excellent legal advice, great communication skills and always ready to deliver on time.”, “Excellent communication skills.” - The Legal 500, 2021