The supply of energy is what drives our economy. The call for sustainability, increasing globalisation and the arrival of new market participants have created a tense playing field and a demand for attorneys who know the lay of the land. Pels Rijcken has a team of energy specialists who speak the language of this sector and have a clear understanding of the issues involved.
Energy is a highly dynamic sector with little regard for the traditional boundaries of areas of law, such as administrative law, environmental law, competition law and contract law. Yesterday’s standard practice may be outdated today and even prohibited tomorrow. Conversely, regulations still in the making can create new opportunities, with the realisation of energy transition, for example. Pels Rijcken's attorneys keep a close eye on these developments.
The energy law team advises on issues in every link of the energy chain. Main themes include advice on energy contracts, energy regulation procedures and renewable energy projects, including geothermal heat, CHP, heat networks, solar energy, wind energy and energy storage.
Reference work on the Heating Supply Act and the heating supply regulatory framework, including the latest bill before the Dutch parliament. If you would like to learn about the consequences of the bill, you can request a copy of the reference work.
- "Issues relating to energy transition and climate change are high on Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn NV's agenda, which is praised for its in-depth knowledge of the energy market.", Legal 500 2020
- "One interviewee appreciates that they are really focused on the legal contents, adding: They are more about the quality and the knowledge.", Chambers Europe 2020
- "Clients attest that the team is friendly, skilled and knowledge-oriented in its approach.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "An interviewee reports that everyone at the firm is very responsive.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "It is a high-level law firm, but at the same time accessible and down-to-earth.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "Easy and pleasant to work with.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "They are reliable, prompt and provide very clear advice.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "The team I worked with was highly skilled, knew when to involve colleagues, and responded very quickly to my questions.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "They provide us with useful information and advice, and think along with our business.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "The practice is commended for its thorough knowledge.", Legal 500 2016
- "The team was quick and to the point in its response and gave clear answers to my questions.", Chambers Europe 2015
- "The lawyers are up to date with the energy market and understand their clients.", Chambers Europe 2015