Few sectors in our society enjoy the microscopic attention devoted to healthcare. The quality of healthcare in the Netherlands is high, for which a high price must be paid, and making cost management essential. At the same time, the quality of care must be safeguarded. Healthcare professionals, administrators and policy-makers must constantly work under the pressure this brings. Our Healthcare team is there to help them where necessary.
The Healthcare team advises and litigates
Pels Rijcken’s Healthcare specialist team both advises and litigates. We also work closely with specialists in various healthcare fields, offering the perfect mix of expertise and experience. We are broadly specialised in healthcare law, including legislation and regulations governing medicines, the quality of care, market organisation and tariff regulation, healthcare procurement and health insurance law.
We are completely familiar with the healthcare environment: governance, healthcare-related property, medical data and privacy, and e-health, for example. Our clients are supported by a dedicated team. What matters to you is what matters to us. With our expertise we can identify the real issues. Healthcare is already complicated enough.
- “The team is capable of acquiring the necessary knowledge within a short period of time by combining the existing knowledge of different members in the team.”, “The practice has a broad and deep understanding and experience with the central government and our way of thinking.”, “They are sharp debaters and quick minds, they understand our needs and cut to the chase.”, “The team is very professional and committed.”, “It surprises me every time how quickly they comprehend the cases we present and place the legal problem in the right context.”, “The legal knowledge is outstanding and so is the service provided.”, Legal 500, 2021
- “The health care team from Pels Rijcken is best to be described as dedicated, experienced and always available. The team knows exactly how to represent our organisation in court: they operate on a friendly base with respect for the other parties that are involved.”, “The practice knows exactly what’s happening in the areas concerning our field of work, and know how to translate this in spot-on advice and representations.”, “If needed, the team can deliver a multidisciplinary approach by combining the knowledge of the sector with expertise in other relevant areas of law. Furthermore, due to fixed contacts urgent issues can be addressed immediately if necessary.”, “The team is always ready to help and very easy to communicate with. They have in-depth knowledge about a large variety of subjects, are very professional and are pleasant people to work with. When they take up a case for you, you can be sure that you are in good hands.”, “The Dutch central government only deals with PRDF who is thorough and has a wide experience and a good understanding of history.”, Legal 500, 2020
- "Clients single out that the firm is specialised in working for the Dutch government and governmental organisations and is well-versed in healthcare law.", Chambers Europe 2020
- "Sources appreciate the co-operative and creative attitude of the team.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "Clients are also pleased with the fast, thorough and reliable lawyers, adding: They communicate in a pleasant way and explain complex legal matters in a way that people who are not legally educated can understand.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "Clients appreciate the combination of quality legal work and knowing the world we work in.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "They were thorough, they included us in what they were doing and how much time it would take them. They gave me a good view before they started the work what they were going to do, it was all meticulously planned.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "Very accurate and fast.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "Their response time is very sharp and quick, their advice is to the point and they are very accurate.", Chambers Europe 2016