Pels Rijcken has ample experience with handling legal proceedings in front of all Dutch and European judiciary bodies.
The Litigation and Arbitration team has an excellent track record in providing strategic legal advice and second opinions, both during legal proceedings as well as prior to these. Their expertise covers all possible stages of a case, whether it concerns summary proceedings, proceedings on the merits or arbitration, proceedings at first instance, appeals or cassation or a set of complex (related) legal proceedings. This also includes attachments and execution disputes, collective actions and procedures establishing the amounts payable in damages.
Pels Rijcken's Litigation and Arbitration team includes attorneys who support both private and public sector clients from various lines of approach in a fast, efficient and dedicated fashion. The attorneys were involved in high-profile proceedings in various areas. Some examples are liability law (the fire at Chemie-Pack Moerdijk and matters relating to cartel damage), contract and corporate law (with regard to the banking industry's duty of care) and media law (with regard to domain names of members of government). Pels Rijcken was also involved in arbitrations concerning the HSL (high speed trains), the Western Scheldt Tunnel and the Joint Strike Fighter.
Pels Rijcken's clients include various commercial institutions such as insurance companies and companies (quoted on the stock exchange). Also on the firm's client list are the State, supervisors and various lower-level governments.
- "It is one of the best Supreme Court litigation teams in the Netherlands." - Chambers Europe 2023
- "The lawyers quickly familiarise themselves with the matter and are able to quickly conduct a valid legal analysis." - Chambers Europe 2023
- "The service levels are very high and the level of responsiveness is quick, as well as being of high quality." - Chambers Europe 2023
- "My overall impression of Pels Rijcken is that their legal knowledge is profound. The contact is pleasant and the lawyers always respond quickly when consulted." - Chambers Europe 2022
- "Pels Rijcken is a fantastic law firm. If you have a case or question the lawyers react immediately." - Chambers Europe 2022
- "Exceptionally skilled, collaborative and efficient." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Pels Rijcken’s insights are very beneficial when litigating complex commercial transactions or negotiating commercial contracts." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "A very warm co-operation, with person approach and the expertise and experience I was searching for." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Excellent Supreme Court litigation team."- The Legal 500, 2022
- "Well known firm for dispute resolution, with high-quality lawyers." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "The team I worked with was complementary: different expertise, capabilities and characters, needed in a complex legal case.", "Pels Rijcken is unique in its great experience with litigation for central and local government in the Netherlands. They combine high quality legal plus excellent procedural knowledge with the right sensitivity in representing the central government and other public authorities. They have a set of excellent litigators.", "‘The Pels’ commercial litigation practice is very reputable and especially excels in its Supreme Court litigation.", "The litigation team at Pels is very, very strong – their advice is clear, considered and strategic. They are a pleasure to work with and we have been very impressed with their advice and how they have navigated complex, multi-party proceedings." - The Legal 500, 2021