With over twenty attorneys the Procurement law department is by far the largest specialised player in the Netherlands. The department deals with purchasing matters in every field and its knowledge of public-public partnerships is second to none.
Pels Rijcken's attorneys represent clients in over 80 procurement disputes per year - and with success, as the majority of the cases is won.
The team also has unique experience in drafting and reviewing procurement papers, such as for Design & Construct contracts, DBFM(O) contracts and PP-partnerships for the largest projects in the Netherlands, and for major ICT projects. A few examples include: HSL (high speed trains), the second Coentunnel, the A15, Maasvlakte-Vaanplein, Schiphol-Amsterdam-Almere and Kilometerprijs (a project involving the procurement of all construction necessary for road pricing on dutch motorways).
Our clients include the Dutch State, provincial authorities in the Randstad region, the four largest municipalities in the Netherlands, regional water authorities, healthcare institutes, universities and many other public authorities. Consequently, the attorneys in this department are frontrunners when it comes to assisting public authorities in legally, technologically and politically complex procurement projects and they have a keen sense for the specific public component of procurement procedures.
- “A very strong, fast-thinking and fast-acting team, they give great advice with a sharp eye for detail and possible political implications.”, “Would recommend them to anyone.”, “Broad knowledge and therefore full advice, but still one point of contact.”, “The team is always searching for the long term solutions and relationships.”, “The knowledge of the national government and the proper protection of its interests in and outside the courtroom makes this law firm unique.”, “The employees have extensive knowledge and expertise.”, “The individuals I have worked with are outstanding in putting things in perspective and helping to make the context clear.”, Legal 500, 2021
- "Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn NV's team is praised for its top quality knowledge of the construction sector and government.", Legal 500, 2020
- "Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn NV is judged to be unique in its knowledge of the special position of the Dutch public sector and its realistic approach to legal issues and is well known for its track record representing central and regional government agencies.", Legal 500, 2019
- "Sharp and to-the-point, Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn NV's creative, easily accessible practice, which is known for advising the Dutch state on the country's largest construction projects and in high-profile disputes, has real acumen and 'great knowledge of the industry. Maarten van Rijn and Pieter Stuijt are the key contacts for procurement litigation; René Kiers, Mark Birnage and Georg Huith are experienced construction arbitrators.", Legal 500, 2018
- "Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn NV's very professional team provides accurate and to-the-point advice", Legal 500 2016