Arnoud Boorsma joined Pels Rijcken’s Administrative Law team in 1995 and became partner in 2004. His practice is focused on representing and advising public authorities. His expertise is in oversight, enforcement and regulation with a focus on the financial, media and telecommunications sectors. Arnoud regularly represents the AFM, DNB and the Dutch Media Authority in administrative proceedings that primarily involve oversight and enforcement issues, including the publication of sanction decisions. Arnoud is known for his strong communication skills.
At Pels Rijcken, Arnoud and Marije Batting are responsible for the broad oversight and enforcement practice of the firm. Arnoud is a lecturer for the Grotius Specialisation programme. He was a member of the Board of Pels Rijcken until 1 January 2018, which gives him a greater understanding of the often-complex issues faced by administrative bodies.
- "One client describes Arnoud Boorsma as highly knowledgeable, and adds: He is concerned about and interested in his clients.", Chambers Europe 2020
- "He knows the market and has the expertise, reports one client.", Chambers Europe 2020
- Recommended Lawyer, Legal 500 2019
- "He is commended by interviewees for his overview of all regulated markets.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "A source comments: He is strategic and is very well prepared. He is very good in court and at debating.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "Dedicated, open and flexible.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "A recognised force in public law.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "He knows the business and the government very well and has clients from both the government and corporate sectors.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "Gentle and very understanding but he also has a sharp eye.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "Clients say he has outstanding knowledge and is excellent in legal proceedings - persuasive and convincing, he has authority.", Chambers Europe 2016
- Band 2-ranking Public Law, Chambers Europe 2016