Jannetje Bootsma joined Pels Rijcken in 2002 and became partner in 2017. Currently in the Administrative Law department, she specialises in the broad field of administrative law. Her focus is on advising and (practical) deliberation with and acting for governments. She specialises in public order and undermining (e.g. the legal powers of mayors) and education law. Public housing, regulation (in the area of health care and telecommunications) and Article 1 of the First Protocol of the European Convention on Human Rights are also key elements in her practice. Together with Sandra van Heukelom, she manages the general administrative law expertise team at Pels Rijcken.
Every year, she, Arno Geleijnse, and Jean-Paul Heinrich write the fall chronicle General Administrative Law for the NJB and she is the regular author of Text & Commentary on Privacy and Telecommunication Law and Competition Act. Jannetje is a member of the VAR Committee on Europeanisation of general administrative law and of the board of the Women's Network, which is a network of women lawyers specialising in administrative law.
- Next Generation Partner for Industry focus: Telecoms - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Real expert in public order and law enforcement. The best legal adviser you can wish for. She is always available with a solution for a problem." - Chambers Europe, 2022
- "Jannetje Bootsma has excellent skills in court and always present in the big cases." - The Legal 500, 2022
- Next Generation Partner for Industry focus: Telecoms - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Jannetje Bootsma advises regulators and state bodies on regulatory and market investigations, as well as in litigation arising from those investigations. One client finds her "capable, effective and sharp" and an overall "excellent litigator." - Chambers Europe, 2021
- “Jannetje Bootsma moves up in the rankings on the back of handling some extremely high-profile contentious matters for the Dutch Ministries of Education and Healthcare. A client enthuses: She understands the Dutch political system, which is very important to me." En “Jannetje Bootsma advises regulators and state bodies on regulatory and market investigations, as well as in litigation arising from those investigations. One client finds her capable, effective and sharp and an overall "excellent litigator." - Chambers Europe 2021