Jannetje Bootsma joined Pels Rijcken in 2002 and became partner in 2017. Currently in the Administrative Law department, she specialises in the broad field of administrative law. Her focus is on advising and (practical) deliberation with and acting for governments. She specialises in public order and undermining (e.g. the legal powers of mayors) and education law. Public housing, regulation (in the area of health care and telecommunications) and Article 1 of the First Protocol of the European Convention on Human Rights are also key elements in her practice. Together with Sandra van Heukelom, she manages the general administrative law expertise team at Pels Rijcken. Jannetje and Alain de Jonge head the Local Authorities sector team.
Jannetje is chairman of the board of the Education Law Association (VvO). Every year, she, Arno Geleijnse, and Jean-Paul Heinrich write the fall chronicle General Administrative Law for the NJB and she is the regular author of Text & Commentary on Privacy and Telecommunication Law and Competition Act. Jannetje is a member of the VAR Committee on Europeanisation of general administrative law and of the board of the Women's Network, which is a network of women lawyers specialising in administrative law.
- Next Generation Partner, Legal 500, 2021
- “Jannetje Bootsma moves up in the rankings on the back of handling some extremely high-profile contentious matters for the Dutch Ministries of Education and Healthcare. A client enthuses: She understands the Dutch political system, which is very important to me." En “Jannetje Bootsma advises regulators and state bodies on regulatory and market investigations, as well as in litigation arising from those investigations. One client finds her capable, effective and sharp and an overall "excellent litigator.", Chambers Europe 2021
- “Good knowledge of public law, European law and they have a lot of experience in court procedures – civil and administrative. They deliver on time and with good quality. Team players and knowledge of government policies and procedures. […] Jannetje Bootsma are the standout lawyers.”, Legal 500, 2020
- Next Generation Partner, Legal 500, 2020
- "Jannetje Bootsma has excellent knowledge of EU and Dutch telecommunications law and is a ferocious defender of the client's interests before the Dutch courts, affirms one client, also adding: Her particular strength is working with a team of experts and uniting them to obtain the best result possible.", Chambers Europe 2020
- "Jannetje Bootsma is an expert in housing laws with an interviewee confirming: She knows it very well. Interviewees also praise her capability of providing deep advice and ability to write it in a language that everyone understands.", Chambers Europe 2020
- Next Generation Lawyer, Legal 500 2019
- "One pleased client enthuses: She is extremely enthusiastic about her job, easy to reach and she has a quick mind, adding: She is persuasive and creates a setting in which we can discuss and delve into matters as equals.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "A client states: She is very fast in her advice, accessible and thinks along with you. She looks at things from all perspectives.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "A force to be reckoned with. "Sources who highlight her "experience and knowledge" praise her extensive experience in the courtroom.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "She has never lost a court case for us. I am always impressed by the way she prepares the necessary legal documents. She's really fast in understanding complex technical matters.", Chambers Europe 2017
- “She is very well informed about the latest developments, and she is able quickly and very competently to get to the heart of the matter, say clients.”, Chambers Europe 2016
- “Bootsma is praised for her sharp legal eye and for being on top of her game.”, Legal 500 2016