Jeroen Naves specialises in technology and the law. His activities include drawing up and assessing IT contracts, litigating IT disputes and advising on data exchange and innovation. Jeroen litigates before the civil courts in both proceedings on the merits and preliminary relief proceedings. He is experienced at resolving IT disputes and bringing complex IT procurement processes to a successful conclusion. Jeroen is a trusted advisor to businesses, government authorities and public institutions. Clients prize his hands-on mentality.
Jeroen received his master's degree in Dutch Private Law from the University of Utrecht. He also completed additional specialist courses on Contracts and ICT at the University of Tilburg. Jeroen is the chairman of Chamber B of the Appeals Board KNKV and member of the Dutch Privacy Law Association, the Dutch Lawyers Association, the Dutch Information Technology and Law Association and the Netherlands Outsourcing Platform. Jeroen is the only Dutch lawyer to be ranked an "associate to watch" in Chambers Europe IT & IT Outsourcing 2019, 2020 and 2021, and a "rising star" in Legal 500 2020 and 2021.
- “Jeroen Naves is very competent, quick, nice colleague to work with. The difference between Jeroen and other lawyers is his understanding of risk and business value. Where most lawyers focus solely on the law itself, Jeroen understands the balance between Legal, Risk and Business very well.”. En “Jeroen Naves is very competent, quick, and a nice colleague to work with.”. En “Jeroen Naves is recommended for hard work, a personal approach, quick responses and good time management.”, Legal 500, 2021
- Rising Star, Legal 500, 2021
- “Jeroen Naves routinely advises clients on IT contracts and licensing agreements. He also represents clients in contentious technology matters. Naves is adept at assisting both public bodies and private companies. One impressed client found him to be dedicated, hard-working, pragmatic and fast-thinking.", Chambers Europe 2021
- “They are smart and very analytical, are quick and ask the right questions. They are very natural in their interaction. […], Jeroen Naves […] all excel at this in particular. Their vision of innovation is very helpful and also relatively rare in the legal community.“. En “Jeroen Naves provides pragmatic advice and is very knowledgeable and skilled on the topics of privacy and IT-related matters.”, Legal 500, 2020
- Rising Star, Legal 500, 2020
- Recommended Lawyer, Legal 500 2019
- "One client portrays him as someone who completely understands what we are doing, before endorsing him for his ability to have a critical discussion with us.", Chambers Europe 2019