Wemmeke Wisman was admitted to the Dutch Bar in 1998. She specialises in conducting (complex) civil proceedings with public (international) law aspects. Her clients include various ministries, local authorities and (listed) companies. Wemmeke provides judicial and extrajudicial advice to commercial entities in the field of liability law and contract law. Furthermore, she litigates on behalf of the tax authorities in civil cases and also deals with issues such as the immunity of foreign states and the restitution of stolen art.
Wemmeke graduated with a master’s degree in Dutch Civil Law and Criminal Law from Leiden University. She also graduated cum laude in Classical Languages. In 2011, she completed her bachelor’s degree in tax law cum laude and took the course on Mediation at the ADR Institute in Amsterdam. Wemmeke is secretary of the Dutch Procedural Law Association, and a member of the Dutch Lawyers Association, the Art Culture Law Association and the Dutch Association for Lawyers and Tax Experts.
- "Wemmeke provides solid, clear and useful legal advice. She listens and is clearly open to input. She is committed to obtaining the best outcome for her clients." - Chambers Europe, 2023
- "Wemmeke Wisman handles disputes involving public, liability and contract law." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Wemmeke Wisman responds quickly, is very analytical, well informed on the latest legal developments and, above all, a very pleasant person to work with." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "She is knowledgeable and responsive and provides a high standard of quality. Strategic and highly valuable advice in every stage of a case." - Chambers Europe, 2022
- "Wemmeke Wisman’s analyses are sharp and a perfect combination of the relevant legal and political aspects." - The Legal 500, 2021
- "Wemmeke Wisman is very pleasant in the way she communicates, she has thorough knowledge about the case concerned, but doesn’t lose sight on the bigger picture of it." - The Legal 500, 2021
- "She is both technically and strategically exceptionally strong, has an impressive appreciation and understanding of the issues at stake, is extremely sharp-minded, highly committed, flexible, responsive and collaborative, comes very well prepared, and is an absolute pleasure to work with." - The Legal 500, 2021
- “Exceptionally skilled, collaborative and efficient. I know partner Wemmeke Wisman as an excellent litigator with a deep knowledge of and vast experience in Dutch procedural law.” - The Legal 500, 2021