The Dutch energy sector’s attention is divided over two playing fields. International trade, with many world-class players, is the first. The second is the European playing field, with specific national and local rules, local players and a market in which decentralised government bodies are also active. Our specialists in the energy sector are closely involved in major national issues in the field of energy transition, market regulation and energy trading.
Pels Rijcken is in its element in the energy sector
The energy sector is facing a major challenge in energy transition. Disconnecting from natural gas means choosing a new source of energy. Will electrification work, or should a solution be sought in residual heat, CHP and aquathermal heat? Is there also a role in energy storage for hydrogen? Pels Rijcken is in its element in the energy sector. Our team of specialists advise energy companies, developers, buyers and governments. Strong in advice, decisive in litigation.
Our specific approach appeals to both governments and the business community. Not only thanks to the in-depth, substantive expertise of our attorneys, but also because we know our way through every link in the energy chain. Pels Rijcken combines market knowledge with a healthy no-nonsense approach.
Reference work on the Heating Supply Act and the heating supply regulatory framework, including the latest bill before the Dutch parliament. If you would like to learn about the consequences of the bill, you can request a copy of the reference work.
- "The team at Pels Rijcken is able to advise you promptly and at the highest service levels on the most complex energy law issues." - Chambers Europe 2022
- "One of the best firms with broad knowledge of the European and Dutch energy markets." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Pels Rijcken’s energy team is made up of specialists working in various sections of the office (e.g. real estate, spatial planning, competition law)." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "All have earned their spurs within this specific area of expertise, and all are considered to be key opinion leaders in this area." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "The team is able to advise you promptly on the most complex energy law issues." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "The team is characterised by its very accessible “no-nonsense” attitude." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "No academic drivel, no claptrap, but sound advice that you can put into practice immediately." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Clients laud the team for their practicality, one citing their "pragmatic approach." Another stresses that "they really quickly respond and understand what your needs are.", Chambers Europe 2021
- “Pels Rijcken’s energy team is made up of specialists working in the various sectors, including real estate, spatial planning and competition law.”, “The team members share a special predilection for energy law within their field of expertise.”, “The team is able to advise you promptly on the most complex energy law issues.”, “High quality service, very involved, personal and sympathetic.”, “The team is characterised by its accessible no-nonsense attitude.”, “The energy team is up to date with the latest legislation and jurisprudence.”, Legal 500, 2021