Pels Rijcken has one of the largest Real Estate teams in the Netherlands and offers high quality customised legal services for the entire real estate sector. From our office in The Hague, more than 50 lawyers and civil-law notaries work on real estate and infrastructure every day.
Real Estate sector team
The specialists on the Real Estate sector team speak the sector's language and know all parties' main concerns: from owners and developers to investors and public authorities. The team takes an active role starting from the spatial planning phase through the realisation and operational stages. We are involved in numerous inner-city projects, area developments and sales processes and advise on rent and leasing, sustainability, healthcare-related real estate, structured sales and procurement procedures and real estate financing. Our team also represents real estate clients in proceedings before Dutch civil and administrative courts.
Feeling for government affairs
What distinguishes us within the legal and notarial profession is our feeling for government affairs. Thanks to our unique and broad experience with real estate transactions and disputes in a political and administrative context, we act as regular adviser for financial institutions, investors, pension and real estate funds, large companies owning real estate, property developers, corporate landlords and tenants, housing corporations, and educational institutions.
- "The proactive and problem solving-oriented attitude is highly appreciated.", Chambers Europe 2021
- “The consultants are passionate and dedicated to carry out the work carefully, quickly and to a high quality.”, “Compared with other firms, the ratio of quality and costs is very good.”, “The practitioners are experts and take the burden off our office in handling cases.”, “Driven team, with good people who really get to work on the job.”, Legal 500, 2021
- "Market commentators approvingly note the firm has a high-quality team.", Chambers Europe 2020
- “Very good practice. Always available for the best legal solutions and advice.”, “‘Pels Rijcken is unique, because the team has a broad knowledge of planning and environmental law. They always respond to our questions very quickly and accurately. No other law firms answer questions so quickly as the lawyers of Pels Rijcken do. The advice is pragmatic and useful and not just a legal plea.”, “Pels Rijcken & Drooglever Fortuijn specialises in providing legal advisory services for government companies. This requires, for example, high-level subject-specific knowledge in general administrative law. In practice these issues often arise from other fields, such as real estate, tenders, notaries, etc. This combination of knowledge makes it pleasant to work with this firm.”, Legal 500, 2020
- "Clients value the firm's versatile and in-depth expertise and say that it provides a flexible, high-quality and fast service.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "The lawyers are experienced, thorough and are able to look at cases from different angles, notes another source.", Chambers Europe 2019
- "Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn NV's very good team is headed by Maryse Mesu-Abbekerk, with support from notary Cees de Zeeuw.", Legal 500 2016