Dutch legislation regarding the construction and management of new and existing roads, railways and civil engineering structures is strict. The planning and environmental law attorneys at Pels Rijcken are specialists in the field of infrastructure and mobility. They will help you execute your mobility project, whether you require advice on the renovation of an existing tunnel within the framework of the Dutch Tunnel Safety Act, the widening of a motorway or the construction of a railroad track or light railway.
We consider the issue in the broader context of accessibility solutions.
Infrastructure & Mobility attorneys
Our attorneys facilitate the progress and execution of your infrastructure or mobility project. Their involvement often begins in the preliminary phase. They can assist you with the following:
- advising on the draft decision
- providing continuous legal assessment of the process
- assisting in the decision-making process
- representing you before the administrative courts including the district court and Administrative Jurisdiction Division of the Council of State.
Our team has specialist know-how, and takes all legal aspects into account when assessing the project design, including possible alternatives, noise pollution, air quality, transport volume values and road safety.
Crisis and Recovery Act: projects fast-tracked
The Crisis and Recovery Act can lead to infrastructure and mobility projects being fast-tracked, shortening otherwise lengthy procedures. Making choices quickly is essential, but it is important to keep the legal aspects in mind. Working with our attorneys on the Spatial Planning and Environment team, we will help you ensure that your fast-tracked project runs smoothly.
Infrastructure projects in which Pels Rijcken’s specialists have recently played an important role:
Route decision for the Schiphol-Amsterdam-Almere project, including the new railway bridge at Muiderberg
- Provincial zoning amendment plan for the Rhineland Route
- Zoning plan for the Hoekse Lijn railway extension
- Zoning plan and integrated environmental permit for Bleizo Transport Node.
- "They communicate in a very effective way and are fast, accurate, concise, accessible and easy to get along with. They can provide a high-end legal solution on complex issues at very short notice.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "They have the ability to see things from the perspective of the client, in order to provide realistic and practical advice.", Chambers Europe 2018
- "The 'very effective communicators' are 'always impressive', delivering 'high-end solutions to complex issues at very short notice'.", Legal 500 2018
- "The team has impressed me many times. It is a close-knit team which is fast, accurate, concise, always accessible and easy to get along with. They are also able to provide high-end legal solutions on complex issues at very short notice.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "New developments are always on top of their mind and they develop pragmatic legal products which are very useful.", Chambers Europe 2017
- "It is very customer-focused and has proved to us that it has extensive knowledge. A lot of attention is paid to fostering a good working relationship with the client.", Chambers Europe 2016
- "It is accessible, it has deep knowledge of public law and it practises law in a way that adds significant value to the client's business.", Chambers Europe 2016
- "The team's sector knowledge is 'up to date and thorough'.", Legal 500 2016